The Pop's Shed Maxi Lathe is a full function variable speed lathe with a number of great features. Probably most importantly is the variable speed available at the twist of a lever. Anyone who has had to change a belt to change the speed on their lathe will appreciate the ease of pulling a lever to increase or decrease speed. The Maxi Lathe also has a digital speed indicator to let you know exactly what speed the lathe is traveling.
The second very impressive feature is the ability for the Headstock to rotate a full 90 degrees and allow outboard turning of large pieces. This sort of feature has only been available in very expensive lathes costing 4 times the price of the Pop's Shed Maxi Lathe.
THIS LATHE IS PICK UP ONLY
The see more about the lathe have a look at the video
The main features include:
- 16” x 43” Wood Lathe
- Motor : 1100w
- Variable speed with Speed indicator display
- Distance between centres 1,100mm (43 inches)
- Headstock is free to slide along the length of the bed
- Complete with floor stand, 4 prong drive, revolving centre, faceplate, and 300mm tool rest
- Spindle speed: 500 to 2, 000rpm (50Hz), 600 to 2, 400rpm (60Hz)
- Drive spindle: 30x3.5 RH thread
- Head and tailstock taper: #2 Morse
- Face plate: 6 inches